Find a Friend and Celebrate in January, and all Year Long!
Pretty soon people will start thinking of a New Year’s Resolution. I’m not much of a “resolution” person myself, are you? If I want to make changes in my life or improvements in my business, I don’t wait to declare them in January. I take action right away. When I have large goals, I “chunk them down” into smaller tasks so I can accomplish them. How do you reach your goals?
I have found having an accountability partner helps too, especially for the big stuff. I rely on the members of my Women in Networking group to act as my “advisory board”. I bounce ideas off them and their feedback is extremely valuable. They know my business and they know me. We have fun with it. We meet monthly as a larger group, but I get together with my advisory board a few times a year.
I encourage you to CELEBRATE this month. What are you thankful for personally and in your business? Celebrate your success throughout the year. Go out to dinner with friends, buy yourself some jewelry or a new electronic gadget. Visit someplace you’ve never been, read a book by the lake (when it’s not frozen). Be sure to celebrate what you accomplish and more good things will come to you!
As you look to the new year, do you have tasks still on your “to-do” list from last year? Things you wanted to get done but just ran out of time? Things like…
- Start a blog
- Make posts to my existing blog
- Get a business Facebook Page
- Make more posts to my Facebook Page
- Get an email address that matches my domain name
- Review my LinkedIn Profile, or finish it
- Place ads on Facebook to reach my ideal client
- Create an inexpensive, yet powerful brochure that explains my product or services and motivates prospects to take action
- Update my website
- Get a better website that actually WORKS for me
- Create a fun video about my business that I can post on Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and my website
- Review my marketing to see what’s working and what’s not so I can spend my marketing dollars SMARTER in 2012
- Identify key partners that can help me elevate my business